- I’M BACK!
Hiromi Ozawa, proprietor of Nexus Studio of Monterey, gave me back my life. I had been an avid gardener, walker, hiker, light jogger and did aerobics and weight training. About 10 years ago, I began to notice pain and stiffness in my lower back, hips, knees, shoulders and neck. It got much worse. Over the years, I visited many talented body work professionals but with no lasting relief. When I visited Hiromi three years ago, I could no longer engage in my activities comfortably; some not at all.
Hiromi is truly a gifted diagnostician and intuitive healer. The muscles in my back, hips and extremities had compensated for a modest scoliosis condition and the wear and tear on my 64 year old body. Through her expertise in physical therapy, body mechanics and Pilates, she identified the cause of serious alignment problems and we began to strengthen and stretch the appropriate muscles. The customized exercises that she gave me for home became part of my everyday life.
Thanks to Hiromi, I’m back to my activities – more cautious and a bit slower, BUT I’M BACK! And here’s where the magic of Hiromi’s approach comes into play. Besides her technical knowledge and skill, she is a treat to work with. She clearly loves her work and cares about her clients. For me, healing occurred not just in a physical sense but for my mind and spirit as well. Although Hiromi is the ultimate professional and is exacting in her teaching methods, she is friendly, kind and open, with a contagious sense of humor. These qualities got me through many of my clumsy efforts! In retrospect, I realize it was all part of an intoxicating and empowering journey toward better health and quality of life.
Once a week for 3 years, I drove the 100 miles round trip from my home to Hiromi’s studio because it was totally worth it to me. Starting next month, I ‘graduate’ to one appointment per month, supplemented by group Pilates classes in my community. No doubt about it, Hiromi and I are a team and I know I can come back to her studio any time for a tune-up and announce “I’m back!"
- Christine H -
- As a long distance runner training for Big Sur International Marathon, I was having ankle and toe issues after an injury a year ago in a trail race. I was concerned my race was becoming a long shot and searched for help. I was sent Hiromi’s way, and I am truly amazed of her knowledge. The running analysis is an eye opener, and gave me hands on details to work with on my runs. Hiromi’s expertise also made me run injury free and without pain on my Marathon.
- "Hiromi is very passionate about her work. She listens well and gives individualized care, treating the whole person with compassion. I have worked with Hiromi for several years and have developed a stronger and more balanced body. She has been great at helping me alleviate my aches and pain. Hiromi is a delight."
- "Having extensive experience with physical therapists due to an active lifestyle, I have not found another therapist that comes close to the results that Hiromi has achieved for me. She truly understands how the body works and knows how to create a program based on the unique needs and physiology of each of her clients. I believe that the introduction of Pilates in my therapy sessions has been instrumental in recovering from my latest injury. And having Hiromi dedicate the entire session one-on-one ensures that I perform the prescribed treatment correctly. The proof? My orthopedic surgeon indicated that my recovery is much more rapid than he expected and stated that Hiromi is the reason why. Thanks Hiromi! - Michael M-
- "In my 65 years, there are only 3 professionals who could assess and treat my muscle and back pain successfully. Hiromi is one of the three."
- "Thank you for being so good at what you do!
- "As a sixty year old active adult, I've been humbled with back injuries and posture related problems. Hiromi's expertise as a Physical Therapist coupled with her Pilates knowledge was able to isolate my problem areas in a way that finally made sense to me. It was like a light bulb turned on in my head! I felt so safe on her equipment and was able to concentrate on different biomechanics that I could never manage before.
I so looked forward to my sessions and have such pain relief in my neck and lower back now. Thank you for your compassion, Hiromi!"
- G. Evans-
- As an avid distance runner I have seen my share of distance races (up to a marathon). I’ve had many gait analyses that showed me what type of shoe to buy, but never one that assessed my actual running mechanics. Hiromi’s running assessment tool has completely changed the way I run. The process analyzes hip placement, knee stability, and a host of other helpful areas. Through the LED/2-D method that’s used, I was able to see where my ITB pain originates from and how to correct the problem. The high speed cameras identified issues that I never knew about. I would recommend this assessment to any runner for a safer and more effective style of running.